Dhanbad

This is my first blog ever. So lets start from the beginning where I've spent some precious moments of my childhood.


Dhanbad(the coal capital of india)-

 Dhanbad celebrated 50 years of being an independent district and city. From 1956 to 14 November 2000, it was under Bihar. At present, it is in jharkhand, after the creation of the state on 15 November 2000.The discovery of rich deposits of coal in the region caused the city to flourish financially, but also bought notorious coal-mafia and gang wars which continues to this day with areas of city like wasseypur being most affected by the conflict.
a coal mine

Now if you've been to Dhanbad, you'll know that it can get extremely hot and humid during the pre-monsoon month. when compare with winters, the summers have much more rainfall. 

My father used to work here. We left dhanbad in year 2009, I was only 9 at that time. My school, my home, my friends who knew everything would be left behind. Then I did'nt know that when I'll be able to meet my friends. 

But a few years back, I came to dhanbad again. I met my old friends. Not as much as childhood, but we had a lot of fun. I went to my school , but a lot had changed. I saw some kids there and talked to them. In conversation, they asked me- "aap hamare new teacher ho"? I replied with a big smile that I too used to come to this class one day with a bag full of books and a water-bottle hanging around my neck. You must be thinking why am I writing all these sentimental memories..right? Because I had a different feeling attached to that place at that time.


Here is the small footage of a colliery that i made from a moving train👇







central institute of mining and fuel research

The Indian school of mines, affiliated with the "University of Bihar" and the central fuel  research institute are also located here.

ISM Dhanbad













You must have seen the legendary movie Gangs of Wasseypur. Wasseypur is a city of dhanbad surrounded by coal rich regions known for its gang wars and mafia activity. The story in the movie is bit manipulated  but the gang wars are absolutely true. If you haven't seen it yet, you should definitely watch it (but your own risk , because it contains such slangs which you must be hearing for the first time).                          




Places to visit-

  • Birsa munda park
  • Maithon Dam
  • Topchanchi Lake
  • Bekar bandh Park
  • Panchet Dam
  • Bhatinda Fall
  • Shakti Mandir
  • Ozone Galleria Mall
  • Centre Point Mall

Here is some pictures


Birsa Munda park


Maithon Dam

Topchanchi Lake






Bekar bandh Park


Bhatinda Fall

Panchet Dam



Shakti Mandir

Ozone Galleria Mall

Centre Point Mall

If you ever come to dhanbad you should definitely go to these places☝ 


10 Best Food points/restaurants/cafe in Dhanbad

  1. Bahamas Fusion kitchen
  2. Caramel multi-cuisine restaurent
  3. The other side-17 degrees
  4. London Street Bistro
  5. The Baithak
  6. LSD
  7. The Yellow Chilli(venture of m.chef Sanjeev Kapoor)
  8. Carnival Cafe
  9. Lemon Chilli fun & food park
  10. Aranya's

THE END


No comments:

Post a Comment